1. A hurricane releases more energy in 10 minutes, than all the world's nuclear weapons combined. Verified
2. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match. Verified
3. According to one study, 24% of homes with lawns have some sort of lawn ornament in their yard.
4. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades - King David; Clubs - 5. Alexander the Great;Hearts-Charlemagne and Diamonds - Julius Caesar. Verified
6. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321 Verified
7. Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later. False Cannot be verified 100%
8. The term "the whole 9 yards" came from WWII fighter pilots in the Pacific.When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet, before being loaded into the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got "the whole 9 yards." Unverified
9. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law that stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb. False
10. The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the General Purpose" vehicle, GP. False "GP" does not mean "General Purpose" it came from Ford production codes: G for government, and P for the 80-inch-wheelbase of the vehicle.
11. It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. Myth Your eyelids snap shut by reflex, but you can train yourself to keep your eyes open.
12. In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
13. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
14. Mr. Rogers was an ordained minister.
15. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
16. "Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
17. "a man a plan a canal panama" spelled backwards is still "a man a plan a canal panama"
18. A snail can sleep for three years.
19. Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
20. If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.