How to effectively write and use affirmations so they can become useful tools.
An affirmation is a personal statement that can be used to boost self-esteem, reduce stress, and manifest the life of your dreams by retraining your subconscious mind.
On the other hand, affirmations can be the habitual negative stories or statements you tell yourself that get in the way of your dreams coming to fruition.
Using positive affirmations and eliminating negative affirmations can positively impact the experiences you attract.
This is the power of your intention expressed verbally to create what you want in your life...
Whatever you can conceive and believe you can achieve.
1. Creating a Well-Formed Belief Statement:
- Write in the first person (use “I”).
- Use present tense.
- Use only positive statements (express what will be true, not what won’t).
e.g. Instead of saying “I am no longer exhausted daily” which affirms the negative, turn it around and say, “I am full of energy!”
- Keep it short.
- Make it emotionally meaningful to you. It should “feel” right.
I am pain free.
I attract the man (or woman) of my dreams.
I am comfortable with a set schedule and a consistent income.
I am thrilled to be making over $____k a year.
I am happy to be fit and healthy.
It is easy to be calm and relaxed.
The weight just melts off my body.
I have the right and perfect job for me.
I also encourage clients to use more generalized affirmation statements in their everyday lives.
Everything flows with ease and grace.
I always have more than enough time.
Only good lies before me.
I am divinely protected and guided.
I am abundant.
All my needs are met with ease.
I am loved.
I am worthy.
I am grateful for all of my blessings.
I am a money magnet. (My personal fave!)
2. How To Use your New Affirmation Statement:
- Repeat the phrases throughout the day.
- Make it a habit and try to say them at the same time every day (e.g. while you are showering, on your commute, while meditating, while working out, while lying in bed). Write it down on paper, the bathroom mirror, across your hand. Type it out. Make it your desktop, phone, or tablet background. Whatever works for you to see it and repeat it often!
- Feel the feelings of these affirmations being factual. Feel what the new, improved you looks and feels like.
- Smile when you say them! Know the positive self-talk brings positive results.
- When you start to feel yourself thinking negative thoughts during the day, counteract them by repeating your positive affirmation.
- Be mindful of what language you use throughout your day. Saying and feeling the positive affirmations is the first step, but using this positive language in the rest of your life is the next step. Making this change in language will naturally draw the experience you seek into your life.
January 17, 2013 BySaying Is Believing: Demystifying the Art of Affirmations!