Instead of turning away from loneliness, consider the possibility that the solution may not be to escape the self, but to go deeper within.
Moving away from loneliness means moving away from negativity. And if your circle of friends is contributing that, there’s no shame in looking for support elsewhere.
1) Remember That Loneliness Is Not Equal To Being Alone
2) Actively Try To Reach Out And Socialize
3) Strive To Fight Self-Deprecating Habits
4) Support Others Around You
5) Join A Group
6) Have Realistic Expectations
7) Nurture Yourself
To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float. - Alan W. Watts